- ^ Back to Staff Listing
- Bartley, Brendan
- Boyle.Prof. Mark
- Breathnach, Proinnsias
- Charlton, Martin
- Coleman, Dr. Steve
- Conway, Dr. Brian
- Corcoran, Prof. Mary P.
- Coulter, Dr. Colin
- Fagan, Dr. Honor
- Foley, Dr. Ronan
- Fotheringham, Prof. Stewart
- Fraser, Dr. Alistair
- Gilmartin, Dr. Mary
- Gray, Dr. Jane
- Kavanagh, Dr. Adrian
- Keaveney, Dr. Karen
- Kelly, Dr. Sinead
- Kenny, Dr. Michael
- Kerr. Dr. Aphra
- King-O'Riain, Dr. Rebecca Chiyoko
- Larragy, Joe
- McCaffrey, Conor
- McCafferty, Des
- Mathur, Dr. Chandana
- Murray, Dr. Peter
- Murray, Dr. Michael
- Ó Cinnéide, An tOllamh Séamus
- O'Keeffe, Dr. Brendan
- O'Riain, Prof. Sean
- O'Toole, Jacqueline
- Pringle, Dr. Dennis
- Saris, Dr. Jamie
- Share, Dr. Perry
- Slater, Dr. Eamonn
- Taylor, Prof. Larry
- Titley. Dr. Gavin
- van Egeraat, Dr. Chris
- Walsh, Prof. Jim
- Winstanley, Dr. Adam
Dr. John Sweeney
||Dr. John Sweeney
||Senior Lecturer in Climatology
|| ++ 353 1 708 3684
|| ++ 353 1 708 3573
||Climatology; air pollution
||Environment & Culture
- Sweeney, J., Holden, N.M., Brereton, A.J., and Fealy, R Climate Change and Irish Agriculture In: Keane, T and Collins, J.F.(Eds) Climate, Weather and Irish Agriculture, Joint working Group on Agricultuiral Meteorology, Met Eireann, Dublin, 359-382.
Sweeney, J. (et al) (2003), Climate Change: Impacts and Scenarios for Ireland, Environmental Protection Agency, Johnstown Castle, Wexford, 200pp.
Sweeney, J. (with R. Fealy) (2003), A Preliminary Investigation of Future Climate Scenarios for Ireland, Biology and Environment: Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 102B, 121-128.
Sweeney, J. (with N.Holden et al) (2003), Possible change in Irish climate and its impact on barley and potato yields, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 116(3-4), 181-196.
Sweeney, J., (with R. Charlton, S. Moore and R. Fealy) 2002 Climate Change and Water Resources in Ireland: Initial Investigations using Downscaled GCMs and Hydrological Modelling Techniques, In: Garcia-Ruiz, J.M., Jones, J.A.A. and Arnaez, J. (eds.) Environmental Change and Water Sustainability, Instituto Pirenaico de Ecologia, Zaragoza, Spain, 129-39.
Sweeney, J., (with M.B. Jones, A. Donnelly, L. McElwain) 2002 Climate Change: Indicators for Ireland, Environmental Protection Agency, Johnstown Castle, Wexford, 71pp.
Sweeney, J., (with R. Fealy) 2002 Future Climate Scenarios for Ireland using High Resolution Statistical Downscaling Techniques, in, Convery, F. and . Feehan, J. (eds.) Achievement and Challenge, Rio+10 and Ireland, Environmental Institute, Dublin 172-179.
- Sweeney, J. Climate Change in Ireland: Preliminary Considerations for Environmental Health Annual Conference of the Environmental Health Officers Association, Malahide, Dublin. 14th May 2004 Oral presentation National
Sweeney, J. Translating Research into Policy: A Case Study of Climate Change for the Greater Dublin Area Conference of Irish Geographers, NUI, Maynooth. 8th May 2004 Oral presentation National
Sweeney, J. Future Climate Scenarios for Ireland: Some preliminary infrastructure considerations Institution of Engineers of Ireland (Local Government Division) Annual Conference, Portlaoise. 21st Apr 2004 Guest speaker National
- Sweeney, J. Climate Change: From Processes to Policies Bridging the Gap, EU Presidency Event, Dublin. (International Conference). 29th Apr 2004 Oral presentation National
- Sweeney, J. Mid Century Climatic Scenarios for Ireland Joint Working Group on Agricultural Meteorology, Royal Irish Academy, Dublin. 26, Feb, 2004 Guest Lecture National
- Sweeney, J. Climate Change - Engineering Implications for Dublin Institute of Civil Engineers, Ballsbridge, Dublin. 29, Jan. 2004 Guest Lecture National
Sweeney, J. (16th May 2003) 'Indicators of Climate Change. Pathways to a Sustainable Future', Environmental Protection Agency, Kilmainham, Dublin.
Sweeney, J. (8th March 2003) 'Climate Change: Considerations for Geography Teaching', Association of Geography Teachers of Ireland Annual Conference, Church of Ireland College of Education, Rathmines, Dublin.
Sweeney, J., 'Climate Change Scenarios and Impacts for Ireland', British-Irish Council (Environment Section) Seminar on Climate Change, National University of Ireland, Maynooth. 4 December 2002
Sweeney, J., 'Planning, Climate Change and Culture Change: Theory and Practice in Shaping the Future of Ireland', SIPTU 8th Annual Seminar, Local Authority Professional Officers Organisation, Trinity College Dublin. 26th September 2002
Sweeney, J., 'Downscaling Global Climate Models for Ireland and Assessing Impacts Climate Change Challenges for Ireland, Royal Irish Academy, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin, 12th June 2002.
- Sweeney, J., 'Downscaling Climate Change in Ireland: some initial perspectives on the Regional Impacts. Ireland 2020: People, Place and Space. Conference of the Regional Studies Association (Irish Branch) / National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis, Bunratty, Co. Clare, 25-26 April 2002.
- Sweeney, J., 'Impacts of Climate Change on Ireland: Regional Scenarios North and South'. Paper presented to a meeting of the British-Irish Council, Farmleigh House, Dublin, 17 April 2002
last updated: Sunday, 28-Aug-2005 17:15:41 IST